Turkey's Turkcell places preliminary bid for Bulgaria's Globul
ISTANBUL Nov 20 (Reuters) - Turkey's largest mobile phone operator Turkcell said on Tuesday it had placed a non-binding preliminary bid to buy Cosmote Bulgaria Mobile, Globul, Bulgaria's second-biggest mobile operator.
The Istanbul-based company, in a statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange, said it placed the bid as it explores investment opportunities in the region. (Reporting by Seda Sezer)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB