- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
NBA: Grizzlies' Randolph fined $25,000 for "confronting" player
(Reuters) - Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph has been fined $25,000 for "confronting" Oklahoma City Thunder's Kendrick Perkins following their ejections from a game last week, the National Basketball Association said on Monday.
The players were hit with technical fouls and ejected last Wednesday after a verbal altercation with 2:05 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies' 107-97 win in Oklahoma City.
Former All-Star Randolph, who had 20 points and 11 rebounds in the game, then challenged Perkins near the locker room, the NBA said.
According to local reporters, Randolph and Perkins had to be separated by other players following a second altercation in a hallway near the locker rooms.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Simon Evans)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this