Israel, Gaza militants agree to ceasefire: Hamas official
GAZA (Reuters) - Israel and militants from the Gaza Strip have agreed to an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire that will come into force at midnight local (2200 GMT), Hamas official Ayman Taha said, speaking to Reuters from Cairo.
"An agreement for calm has been reached. It will be declared at 9.00 p.m. and go into effect at midnight," Taha said.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll