Egypt official says Gaza truce talks continuing
CAIRO (Reuters) - Talks between Israelis and Palestinians over a Gaza truce are continuing but the Egyptian mediators are still hopeful a deal can be reached later on Tuesday, an Egyptian official said.
"The talks are still continuing," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters. He said Egypt was "hopeful" of an agreement later on Tuesday, adding: "We are more hopeful today than yesterday."
"We are waiting for the Israeli response," he said.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data