Syria opposition coalition welcomes British recognition
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Cairo-based Syrian National Coalition opposition group on Tuesday welcomed Britain's official recognition of it as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people, a coalition spokesman said.
"This step is very important and I think it will encourage more Syrians to join the coalition and trust it and it will also encourage other European states to recognize it," Walid al-Bunni, the coalition spokesman, told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq