U.S. trucking index down 3.8 percent in October-ATA
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The index that tracks tonnage hauled by U.S. trucks fell 3.8 percent in October, after sliding a revised 0.4 percent in September, the American Trucking Associations (ATA) said on Tuesday.
The index was 2.1 percent lower than a year earlier, its first year-over-year drop since November 2009, the associations said. (Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |