U.S. trucking index down 3.8 percent in October-ATA
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The index that tracks tonnage hauled by U.S. trucks fell 3.8 percent in October, after sliding a revised 0.4 percent in September, the American Trucking Associations (ATA) said on Tuesday.
The index was 2.1 percent lower than a year earlier, its first year-over-year drop since November 2009, the associations said. (Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls