U.S. trucking index down 3.8 percent in October-ATA
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The index that tracks tonnage hauled by U.S. trucks fell 3.8 percent in October, after sliding a revised 0.4 percent in September, the American Trucking Associations (ATA) said on Tuesday.
The index was 2.1 percent lower than a year earlier, its first year-over-year drop since November 2009, the associations said. (Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand