U.S. trucking index down 3.8 percent in October-ATA
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The index that tracks tonnage hauled by U.S. trucks fell 3.8 percent in October, after sliding a revised 0.4 percent in September, the American Trucking Associations (ATA) said on Tuesday.
The index was 2.1 percent lower than a year earlier, its first year-over-year drop since November 2009, the associations said. (Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor