Venezuela economy grows 5.2 pct in third quarter
CARACAS Nov 20 (Reuters) - Venezuela's economy grew 5.2 percent in the third quarter of this year, the government said on Thursday, compared with growth of 5.4 percent in the second quarter.
Hefty government spending has underpinned growth this year and helped President Hugo Chavez win re-election in October for another six-year term.
The July-September figures, announced by Central Bank President Nelson Merentes, represented the South American OPEC member's eighth consecutive quarter of gross domestic product growth.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |