Bank of Canada repeats rate hike likely needed over time
OTTAWA Nov 21 (Reuters) - Bank of Canada Deputy Governor Tim Lane repeated on Wednesday the central bank's message that rate hikes will likely be needed over time.
"Over time, some gradual withdrawal of monetary policy stimulus will likely be required, consistent with achieving the inflation-control target," he said in a prepared presentation he was giving on Wednesday in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Another part of the presentation noted that: "The Canadian economy continues to operate with a small amount of excess supply."
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |