Deere posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 21 (Reuters) - Deere & Co, the world's largest farm equipment maker, reported a higher quarterly profit as stronger machinery sales in North America offset weaker international demand, and it forecast higher sales and earnings in fiscal 2013.
Deere posted net income of $687.6 million or $1.75 per share, for the fourth quarter ended Oct. 31, up from $669.6 million, or $1.62 per share, a year earlier.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia