Deere posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 21 (Reuters) - Deere & Co, the world's largest farm equipment maker, reported a higher quarterly profit as stronger machinery sales in North America offset weaker international demand, and it forecast higher sales and earnings in fiscal 2013.
Deere posted net income of $687.6 million or $1.75 per share, for the fourth quarter ended Oct. 31, up from $669.6 million, or $1.62 per share, a year earlier.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite