Deere posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 21 (Reuters) - Deere & Co, the world's largest farm equipment maker, reported a higher quarterly profit as stronger machinery sales in North America offset weaker international demand, and it forecast higher sales and earnings in fiscal 2013.
Deere posted net income of $687.6 million or $1.75 per share, for the fourth quarter ended Oct. 31, up from $669.6 million, or $1.62 per share, a year earlier.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message