Euro zone ministers make progress on Greek debt deal, to continue Nov 26
BRUSSELS Nov 20 (Reuters) - Euro zone finance ministers made progress on a package of measures to reduce Greek public debt but had to break up to allow for more technical work and will continue discussion on Nov 26, the chairman of the ministers Jean-Claude Juncker said.
"The Eurogroup has had an extensive discussion and made progress in identifying a consistent package of credible initiatives aimed at making a further substantial contribution to the sustainability of Greek government debt," Juncker said in a statement after almost 12 straight hours of talks.
"The Eurogroup interrupted its meeting to allow for further technical work on some elements of this package. The Eurogroup will reconvene on Monday, the 26th of November," the statement said.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |