Greece can't return to markets this decade-Steinbrueck
BERLIN Nov 21 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Social Democrat (SPD) election rival Peer Steinbrueck said on Wednesday Greece would not be able to return to capital markets this decade and that its financing gap could not be filled with piecemeal steps.
"It is obvious that Greece will not in this decade be able to return to the capital markets under viable conditions," Steinbrueck told parliament in a debate on the German budget.
He added that Merkel's government should delay a vote on the German budget until it was clear what was happening with Greece.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data