Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Nov 21 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Wednesday: * News Corp, owner of HarperCollins Publishers, has expressed interest to CBS Corp about acquiring its Simon & Schuster book business, the Wall Street Journal reported citing people familiar with the talks but said discussions were preliminary.* Former Cairn India executive Rahul Dhir is teaming up with private equity firm Warburg Pincus to set up an international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on promising assets in sub-Saharan Africa, the Economic Times reported.* Oil & Natural Gas Corp, India's biggest energy explorer, is planning to sell dollar bonds to fund the $1 billion acquisition of a stake in oilfields in Azerbaijan, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter