EURO GOVT-Bunds erase gains on Merkel comments
LONDON Nov 21 (Reuters) - German Bund futures fell on Wednesday as politicians stepped up efforts to come to a deal to release aid for Greece after a meeting on Monday failed to reach agreement.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel told a closed-door meeting of lawmakers that lower interest rates and an expanded EFSF rescue fund could fill Greece's financing gap.
"The news (overnight) was a bit disappointing, but Merkel comments this morning seem pretty supportive," one trader said.
German Bund futures were last 3 ticks down on the day at 142.35, having risen as high as 142.64 earlier.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Nose gear on plane collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Knife-wielding assailants attack people in central China: Xinhua