EURO GOVT-Bunds erase gains on Merkel comments
LONDON Nov 21 (Reuters) - German Bund futures fell on Wednesday as politicians stepped up efforts to come to a deal to release aid for Greece after a meeting on Monday failed to reach agreement.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel told a closed-door meeting of lawmakers that lower interest rates and an expanded EFSF rescue fund could fill Greece's financing gap.
"The news (overnight) was a bit disappointing, but Merkel comments this morning seem pretty supportive," one trader said.
German Bund futures were last 3 ticks down on the day at 142.35, having risen as high as 142.64 earlier.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |