EURO GOVT-Bunds erase gains on Merkel comments
LONDON Nov 21 (Reuters) - German Bund futures fell on Wednesday as politicians stepped up efforts to come to a deal to release aid for Greece after a meeting on Monday failed to reach agreement.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel told a closed-door meeting of lawmakers that lower interest rates and an expanded EFSF rescue fund could fill Greece's financing gap.
"The news (overnight) was a bit disappointing, but Merkel comments this morning seem pretty supportive," one trader said.
German Bund futures were last 3 ticks down on the day at 142.35, having risen as high as 142.64 earlier.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |