Fed sells $7.67 bln of shorter-dated Treasuries
NEW YORK Nov 21 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Wednesday sold on the open market $7.67 billion of U.S. Treasuries maturing November 2015 through January 2016, the New York Fed said on its website.
Dealers submitted bids for a total of $43.283 billion of Treasuries in the sale, the New York Fed said.
The sale was part of the Fed's "Operation Twist" stimulus program, which extends the maturity of the central bank's Treasuries holdings in a bid to lower mortgage rates and other long-term borrowing costs.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South