Dollar rises to 7-1/2 month high vs the yen
The dollar extended gains against the Japanese yen on Wednesday, to hit a 7-1/2 month high after Japan exports fell for a fifth month running in October, adding to recession worries and speculation of more monetary easing.
The dollar rose to 82.12 yen its highest since early April and breaking past a reported option barrier at 82 yen. Traders cited more stop-loss buy orders above 82.15 yen.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |