Dollar rises to 7-1/2 month high vs the yen
The dollar extended gains against the Japanese yen on Wednesday, to hit a 7-1/2 month high after Japan exports fell for a fifth month running in October, adding to recession worries and speculation of more monetary easing.
The dollar rose to 82.12 yen its highest since early April and breaking past a reported option barrier at 82 yen. Traders cited more stop-loss buy orders above 82.15 yen.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest