Nikkei rises 0.9 pct to 2-mth high, led by exporters
TOKYO Nov 21 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average climbed to a two-month high on Wednesday, with exporters gaining after the yen hit a seven-month low against the dollar on expectations that a new government will likely push the Bank of Japan to take aggressive action.
The Nikkei climbed 0.9 percent to end at a two-month high of 9,222.52. The broader Topix advanced 0.7 percent to 767.01.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings