Seoul shares inch up, but Bernanke fiscal warning drags
SEOUL Nov 21 (Reuters) - Seoul shares extended gains in early morning trade on Wednesday, but the rise was capped by remarks from U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke about the potential impact of a U.S. fiscal crunch.
Automaker Hyundai Motor was up 0.7 percent, recovering from Tuesday's dip on worries about the strengthening South Korean currency.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.1 percent at 1,892.54 points at 0008 GMT. (Reporting By Somang Yang; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat