Singapore's Olam says starts legal action against Muddy Waters
SINGAPORE Nov 21 (Reuters) - Olam International Ltd said it has initiated legal action in the High Court of Singapore against both short-seller Muddy Waters, LLC and its founder Carson Block for statements made at a conference in London on Monday.
Olam gave no further details on its legal action in a terse statement issued on Wednesday.
Following Block's Monday statements, which questioned Olam's accounting practices, Muddy Waters stepped up its battle against Olam with a letter dated Nov. 20 that criticised the Singapore commodities trader's debt and cash burn. Investors, however, took the latest salvo in stride. (Reporting by Eveline Danubrata and Anshuman Daga; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |