Singapore's Olam says starts legal action against Muddy Waters
SINGAPORE Nov 21 (Reuters) - Olam International Ltd said it has initiated legal action in the High Court of Singapore against both short-seller Muddy Waters, LLC and its founder Carson Block for statements made at a conference in London on Monday.
Olam gave no further details on its legal action in a terse statement issued on Wednesday.
Following Block's Monday statements, which questioned Olam's accounting practices, Muddy Waters stepped up its battle against Olam with a letter dated Nov. 20 that criticised the Singapore commodities trader's debt and cash burn. Investors, however, took the latest salvo in stride. (Reporting by Eveline Danubrata and Anshuman Daga; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Seagram chairman, WJC head Edgar Bronfman dead at 84
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens |