Hamas says truce requires opening of Gaza crossings
CAIRO Nov 21 (Reuters) - Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal said a deal to end fighting between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza stipulates that all of the Palestinian territory's crossings must be opened, disputing what he described as Israeli assertions to the contrary.
"The (ceasefire) document stipulates the opening of the crossings, all the crossings, and not just Rafah," Meshaal told a news conference in Cairo.
Israel controls all of Gaza's crossings apart from the Rafah border with Egypt.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel