Hamas says truce requires opening of Gaza crossings
CAIRO Nov 21 (Reuters) - Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal said a deal to end fighting between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza stipulates that all of the Palestinian territory's crossings must be opened, disputing what he described as Israeli assertions to the contrary.
"The (ceasefire) document stipulates the opening of the crossings, all the crossings, and not just Rafah," Meshaal told a news conference in Cairo.
Israel controls all of Gaza's crossings apart from the Rafah border with Egypt.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea