Hamas says truce requires opening of Gaza crossings
CAIRO Nov 21 (Reuters) - Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal said a deal to end fighting between Israel and Palestinian groups in Gaza stipulates that all of the Palestinian territory's crossings must be opened, disputing what he described as Israeli assertions to the contrary.
"The (ceasefire) document stipulates the opening of the crossings, all the crossings, and not just Rafah," Meshaal told a news conference in Cairo.
Israel controls all of Gaza's crossings apart from the Rafah border with Egypt.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter