Russia's Sistema Q3 net profit up 67 pct
MOSCOW Nov 21 (Reuters) - Russian oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema reported on Wednesday a net profit of $532.2 million for the third quarter, up 67 percent from a year ago.
Net income, excluding an impairment charge related to Sistema's Indian operations, doubled year-on-year to $653.2 million, Sistema said in a statement.
The company, whose biggest assets are Russia's top mobile phone operator MTS and mid-sized oil producer Bashneft , also said revenues rose 1 percent to $8.8 billion, impacted by a weaker rouble - its main operating currency - against the dollar.
Underlying revenues were up 11.3 percent in rouble terms.
Sistema also said it would recommend a substantial increase in dividend payout from its 2012 profits.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'