Russia's Sistema Q3 net profit up 67 pct
MOSCOW Nov 21 (Reuters) - Russian oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema reported on Wednesday a net profit of $532.2 million for the third quarter, up 67 percent from a year ago.
Net income, excluding an impairment charge related to Sistema's Indian operations, doubled year-on-year to $653.2 million, Sistema said in a statement.
The company, whose biggest assets are Russia's top mobile phone operator MTS and mid-sized oil producer Bashneft , also said revenues rose 1 percent to $8.8 billion, impacted by a weaker rouble - its main operating currency - against the dollar.
Underlying revenues were up 11.3 percent in rouble terms.
Sistema also said it would recommend a substantial increase in dividend payout from its 2012 profits.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite