Russia's Sistema Q3 net profit up 67 pct
MOSCOW Nov 21 (Reuters) - Russian oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema reported on Wednesday a net profit of $532.2 million for the third quarter, up 67 percent from a year ago.
Net income, excluding an impairment charge related to Sistema's Indian operations, doubled year-on-year to $653.2 million, Sistema said in a statement.
The company, whose biggest assets are Russia's top mobile phone operator MTS and mid-sized oil producer Bashneft , also said revenues rose 1 percent to $8.8 billion, impacted by a weaker rouble - its main operating currency - against the dollar.
Underlying revenues were up 11.3 percent in rouble terms.
Sistema also said it would recommend a substantial increase in dividend payout from its 2012 profits.
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage