Spain treasury sec: room for pension hike in budget
MADRID Nov 21 (Reuters) - Spain's Treasury Secretary Marta Fernandez Curras said there was room in the state budget for a pension hike to take into account rising inflation this year.
Curras said pensions were considered, by definition, an open-ended budget item because of the effect of consumer prices.
She also said Spain was on track to meeting its budget targets.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |