Cipla to buy control of South Africa's Cipla Medpro
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Indian drugs maker Cipla Limited (CIPL.NS) has offered to buy a about a 51 percent stake in South African drug maker Cipla Medpro CMPJ.J, Cipla Medpro said in a statement on Wednesday.
The Indian firm has offered 8.55 rand per share, Cipla Medpro said. Shares of Cipla Medpro surged on the news.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura; editing by David Dolan)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'