Illumina says Complete Genomics rejects buyout offer
(Reuters) - Genetic sequencing company Illumina Inc (ILMN.O) said smaller peer Complete Genomics Inc GNOM.O rejected its takeover bid of about $114 million.
Complete Genomics had agreed to be bought by China's BGI-Shenzhen in September for $3.15 per share, three months after the gene sequencing company started a strategic review.
Illumina on Friday revealed its bid of $3.30 per Complete Genomics share.
In a filing on Wednesday, Illumina said its bid was superior and unlike the BGI bid, was not contingent on financing or subject to government approval as a foreign investment.
Shares of Illumina closed at $50.52 on Tuesday, while those of Complete Genomics closed at $3.09 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Balaji Sridharan in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |