Euro zone ministers make progress on Greek debt deal, to continue Nov 26
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone finance ministers made progress on a package of measures to reduce Greek public debt but had to break up to allow for more technical work and will continue discussion on Nov 26, the chairman of the ministers Jean-Claude Juncker said.
"The Eurogroup has had an extensive discussion and made progress in identifying a consistent package of credible initiatives aimed at making a further substantial contribution to the sustainability of Greek government debt," Juncker said in a statement after almost 12 straight hours of talks.
"The Eurogroup interrupted its meeting to allow for further technical work on some elements of this package. The Eurogroup will reconvene on Monday, the 26th of November," the statement said.
(Reporting by Robin Emmott and Jan Strupczewski)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video