Greece can't return to markets this decade: Steinbrueck
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Social Democrat (SPD) election rival Peer Steinbrueck said on Wednesday Greece would not be able to return to capital markets this decade and that its financing gap could not be filled with piecemeal steps.
"It is obvious that Greece will not in this decade be able to return to the capital markets under viable conditions," Steinbrueck told parliament in a debate on the German budget.
He added that Merkel's government should delay a vote on the German budget until it was clear what was happening with Greece.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case