Ivory Coast's Ouattara names ex Foreign Minister as PM
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Ivory Coast's President Alassane Ouattara has named Daniel Kablan Duncan, a member of his allied PDCI party, as his new prime minister, Ouattara's office said on Wednesday.
The nomination of Duncan, who previously served as foreign minister, ensures that Ouattara sticks to a deal that saw the PDCI throw its weight behind Ouattara during a 2010 election run off in return for the prime minister's job.
Ouattara dissolved his government last week in a surprise move, citing the lack of solidarity within his coalition.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source