Gaza truce deal has Egyptian guarantees: source
CAIRO (Reuters) - A ceasefire deal agreed between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza comes with Egyptian "guarantees", an Egyptian source close to truce talks told Reuters on Wednesday.
The source also said the truce included an end to "assassinations" and "incursions" and would ease movement of Palestinians. Egypt mediated the deal.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video