Gaza truce deal has Egyptian guarantees: source
CAIRO (Reuters) - A ceasefire deal agreed between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza comes with Egyptian "guarantees", an Egyptian source close to truce talks told Reuters on Wednesday.
The source also said the truce included an end to "assassinations" and "incursions" and would ease movement of Palestinians. Egypt mediated the deal.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |