Gaza truce deal has Egyptian guarantees: source
CAIRO (Reuters) - A ceasefire deal agreed between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza comes with Egyptian "guarantees", an Egyptian source close to truce talks told Reuters on Wednesday.
The source also said the truce included an end to "assassinations" and "incursions" and would ease movement of Palestinians. Egypt mediated the deal.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks