- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- New generation of elite universities rises around the globe
AIG, PICC Group ink JV to sell life insurance in China
HONG KONG |
HONG KONG Nov 22 (Reuters) - American International Group (AIG) said on Thursday it has signed an accord with Chinese state-owned insurer PICC Group to sell life insurance in the world's second largest economy after committing $500 million to PICC's planned Hong Kong initial public offering.
AIG also agreed not to sell more than 25 percent of its stake in People's Insurance Company (Group) of China (PICC) for a period of five years after the IPO, the U.S. company said in a statement.
PICC Group is launching an up to $3.6 billion IPO, with AIG and other investors agreeing to buy nearly 50 percent of the shares.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this