LME confirms Barclays to cease floor trading
LONDON Nov 22 (Reuters) - Barclays will cease floor trading operations on the London Metal Exchange (LME) with immediate effect, the exchange said on Thursday.
"Barclays Bank has been re-categorised from a Ring Dealing Member (Category 1) to an Associate Broker Clearing Member (Category 2) of the London Metal Exchange," the LME said in a statement.
Category 2 membership allows electronic and telephone trading, but not open outcry operations on the LME floor.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76