LME confirms Barclays to cease floor trading
LONDON Nov 22 (Reuters) - Barclays will cease floor trading operations on the London Metal Exchange (LME) with immediate effect, the exchange said on Thursday.
"Barclays Bank has been re-categorised from a Ring Dealing Member (Category 1) to an Associate Broker Clearing Member (Category 2) of the London Metal Exchange," the LME said in a statement.
Category 2 membership allows electronic and telephone trading, but not open outcry operations on the LME floor.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge