- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Shares choppy, dollar steady as Fed meets
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
LME confirms Barclays to cease floor trading
LONDON Nov 22 (Reuters) - Barclays will cease floor trading operations on the London Metal Exchange (LME) with immediate effect, the exchange said on Thursday.
"Barclays Bank has been re-categorised from a Ring Dealing Member (Category 1) to an Associate Broker Clearing Member (Category 2) of the London Metal Exchange," the LME said in a statement.
Category 2 membership allows electronic and telephone trading, but not open outcry operations on the LME floor.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this