Chile Codelco Jan-Sept copper output 1.189 mln tonnes, down 5 pct
SANTIAGO Nov 22 (Reuters) - The world's top copper producer, Chile's Codelco, said on Thursday it produced 1.189 million tonnes of copper in the January to September period, down 5.0 percent year-on-year.
The state-run miner said profits before tax and extraordinary items jumped 27.3 percent during the period from a year earlier to $6.777 billion.
Codelco has said it expects to produce around 1.7 million tonnes of copper this year, slightly under 2011's levels as ore grades decline.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source