Chile Codelco Jan-Sept copper output 1.189 mln tonnes, down 5 pct
SANTIAGO Nov 22 (Reuters) - The world's top copper producer, Chile's Codelco, said on Thursday it produced 1.189 million tonnes of copper in the January to September period, down 5.0 percent year-on-year.
The state-run miner said profits before tax and extraordinary items jumped 27.3 percent during the period from a year earlier to $6.777 billion.
Codelco has said it expects to produce around 1.7 million tonnes of copper this year, slightly under 2011's levels as ore grades decline.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes