CNH says favours sweetened Fiat Industrial buyout offer
Nov 21 (Reuters) - Tractor maker CNH Global N.V. said a special board committee had come out in favor of a sweetened offer from Italy's Fiat Industrial to buy out minority shareholders who own 12 percent of CNH for about $1.5 billion.
A previous offer was rejected in mid-October by board advisers, who said it was inadequate.
CNH will now be working with Fiat Industrial on finalising a deal, the company said in a statement.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official