CNH says favours sweetened Fiat Industrial buyout offer
Nov 21 (Reuters) - Tractor maker CNH Global N.V. said a special board committee had come out in favor of a sweetened offer from Italy's Fiat Industrial to buy out minority shareholders who own 12 percent of CNH for about $1.5 billion.
A previous offer was rejected in mid-October by board advisers, who said it was inadequate.
CNH will now be working with Fiat Industrial on finalising a deal, the company said in a statement.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'