Gun battle erupts in Congo rebel-held town of Sake
SAKE, Democratic Republic of Congo
SAKE, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nov 22 (Reuters) - T housands of residents fled the rebel-held town of Sake in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo on Thursday as sustained gunfire erupted and trucks full of rebel fighters arrived to reinforce.
"It is the FARDC (Congo national army) fighting," said Djoli Mitima, a Sake resident as he fled on the road north toward Goma. "They are only three kilometres (two miles) from here."
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |