Gun battle erupts in Congo rebel-held town of Sake
SAKE, Democratic Republic of Congo
SAKE, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nov 22 (Reuters) - T housands of residents fled the rebel-held town of Sake in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo on Thursday as sustained gunfire erupted and trucks full of rebel fighters arrived to reinforce.
"It is the FARDC (Congo national army) fighting," said Djoli Mitima, a Sake resident as he fled on the road north toward Goma. "They are only three kilometres (two miles) from here."
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel pursues punishing Gaza offensive for a third day |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Chinese hackers pursue key data on U.S. workers: NYT