Gun battle erupts in Congo rebel-held town of Sake
SAKE, Democratic Republic of Congo
SAKE, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nov 22 (Reuters) - T housands of residents fled the rebel-held town of Sake in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo on Thursday as sustained gunfire erupted and trucks full of rebel fighters arrived to reinforce.
"It is the FARDC (Congo national army) fighting," said Djoli Mitima, a Sake resident as he fled on the road north toward Goma. "They are only three kilometres (two miles) from here."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image