Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Nov 22 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Nat Rothschild, the financier behind coal miner Bumi Plc , has secured the backing of mining entrepreneur Robert Friedland for his proposal to unwind the London-listed company's relationship with Indonesia's influential Bakrie family. Friedland has agreed to invest $50 million, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Banco Santander SA, Spain's biggest bank, is considering a near-term initial public offering of its American car-financing business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’