Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Nov 22 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Nat Rothschild, the financier behind coal miner Bumi Plc , has secured the backing of mining entrepreneur Robert Friedland for his proposal to unwind the London-listed company's relationship with Indonesia's influential Bakrie family. Friedland has agreed to invest $50 million, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Banco Santander SA, Spain's biggest bank, is considering a near-term initial public offering of its American car-financing business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet