CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps to 1-week high as RIM surges
TORONTO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index climbed to a more than one-week high on Thursday as Research In Motion Ltd shares jumped 17 percent on growing hopes for its new devices and as earnings expectations lifted financial stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially ended up 53.04 points, or 0.44 percent, to 12,153.10.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies