CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps to 1-week high as RIM surges
TORONTO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index climbed to a more than one-week high on Thursday as Research In Motion Ltd shares jumped 17 percent on growing hopes for its new devices and as earnings expectations lifted financial stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially ended up 53.04 points, or 0.44 percent, to 12,153.10.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes