Yen extends losses to hit 7-1/2 month low versus dollar
LONDON Nov 22 (Reuters) - The yen fell to a 7-1/2 month low against the dollar on Thursday pressured by growing speculation that the Bank of Japan would aggressively ease monetary policy in coming months.
The yen also dropped to a 7-1/2 month low against the high-yielding Australian dollar with the Aussie also bolstered by decent Chinese data.
The dollar rose to 82.745 yen, its highest level since April 4 and up 0.25 percent on the day.
The Aussie rose to 85.85 yen.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel