Yen extends losses to hit 7-1/2 month low versus dollar
LONDON Nov 22 (Reuters) - The yen fell to a 7-1/2 month low against the dollar on Thursday pressured by growing speculation that the Bank of Japan would aggressively ease monetary policy in coming months.
The yen also dropped to a 7-1/2 month low against the high-yielding Australian dollar with the Aussie also bolstered by decent Chinese data.
The dollar rose to 82.745 yen, its highest level since April 4 and up 0.25 percent on the day.
The Aussie rose to 85.85 yen.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study