Nikkei rises to 6-month high as exporters lifted by weak yen
TOKYO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose to a 6-month high on Thursday led by gains in exporters on expectations that a sharply weaker yen will boost their earnings. The Nikkei climbed 1.3 percent at 9,342.48, its highest level since May 2. The broader Topix advanced 1.3 percent to 776.83.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South