Mexico IPC stock index rises 1 pct on positive Chinese data
MEXICO CITY Nov 22 (Reuters) - Mexico's IPC stock index on Thursday rose 1.01 percent to 42087.24 points, its highest in nearly a month, helped by positive economy data from China.
The index, which saw light trading due to an American holiday, reached a level not attained since Oct 25 on a rally in shares of America Movil.
China's vast manufacturing sector saw expansion accelerate in November for the first time in 13 months, a sign that the pace of economic growth has revived after seven consecutive quarters of slowdown.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'