Mexico IPC stock index rises 1 pct on positive Chinese data
MEXICO CITY Nov 22 (Reuters) - Mexico's IPC stock index on Thursday rose 1.01 percent to 42087.24 points, its highest in nearly a month, helped by positive economy data from China.
The index, which saw light trading due to an American holiday, reached a level not attained since Oct 25 on a rally in shares of America Movil.
China's vast manufacturing sector saw expansion accelerate in November for the first time in 13 months, a sign that the pace of economic growth has revived after seven consecutive quarters of slowdown.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order