Bank of the Philippine Islands, PNB jump at open on merger talks
MANILA Nov 22 (Reuters) - Shares of the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and rival Philippine National Bank PNB climbed on Thursday after a one-day trading halt related to talks on the possibility of BPI acquiring a stake in PNB.
BPI jumped as much as 7.4 percent and PNB rose as much as 6.1 percent in early trades, pushing the financial sector sub-index up 2.4 percent. (Reporting by Rosemarie Francisco; Editing by John Mair)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets