Congo M23 rebel leader in Uganda for talks: source
KAMPALA (Reuters) - The head of the political arm of the M23 rebel group fighting in the Democratic Republic of Congo has arrived in Uganda and is expected to hold talks with Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, a presidency source said on Thursday.
"I can confirm that Bishop (Jean-Marie) Runiga is in Uganda," a source in the presidency said, adding that Runiga had been flown from the border area by helicopter and was expected to hold talks with Museveni from Thursday through Saturday.
(Reporting by Elias Biryabarema; Writing by Yara Bayoumy; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas