Egypt's Mursi orders retrial of Mubarak-era officials
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi issued a decree on Thursday ordering retrials of Hosni Mubarak-era officials involved in perpetrating violence against activists during the uprising against his rule.
The decree implies that Mubarak himself will face a retrial. He was sentenced to life in prison in June for failing to prevent the killing during the uprising that led to his February 11, 2011 downfall.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House