Toyota to launch China-only brands from next year: executive
BEIJING (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) will launch two China-only brands through its two Chinese joint ventures starting next year, a senior executive said on Thursday.
Toyota makes cars in partnership with FAW Group and Guangzhou Automobile Group Co (601238.SS).
Hiroji Onishi, Toyota's senior managing Officer, did not say which venture will roll out its China-only brand first.
Rivals Nissan Motor Co (7201.T), Honda Motor Co (7267.T) are among other foreign automakers that also have China-only brands.
(Reporting by Kazunori Takada; Writing by Fang Yan; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team